Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Morris

Friday, May 1, 2015

Morris

This is another Jester I made, but way back in 2006. I’ve never put Morris up for sale, I just can’t. I love this guy. I had only been making dolls for just about 3 years when I decided to challenge myself to take this class with Barbara Schoenoff. Her instructions were so well put together with tons of clear pictures and step x step instructions. I had no trouble at all making him.

The most fun I always have when starting a project, is putting together the fabrics for it.  I think I used about 13 or 14 different Asian prints in this doll. He was quite an intricate piece and deserved the stand I bought for him. It was in the section of the lumber yard where you get your pieces for making railings and bannisters and so on. It was worth the cost though.

When I’m making my dolls, I always feel like I’m creating miniature people. I don’t keep many of the dolls I make, just certain ones that I become smitten with while working on them or because i took a class with a particular teacher.

I’m certain my miniature people have conversations with each other when the lights go off at night.. Enjoy Morris…

morris01smmorris05smmorris02smmorris04smmorris03sm

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you can't part with him Romona, he is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete