Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: First Fairies

Friday, January 30, 2015

First Fairies

What a relief. An hour after my last post, I got an email to say that the jury selection for Monday was cancelled. If I had been selected it would have taken a couple of weeks for the case, and yes I do believe in doing our civic duty when called, but, who am I to complain about not having to attend. I’ve regained what might have been two weeks in a courtroom for two weeks in my workroom and that’s a good thing.

With that new found energy, I set about finishing my first 10 Shabby Rose Fairies for next Christmas sales. I am so happy that these have proven to be successful.  These ones have wings made of a variety of feathers, some big that will carry them a long way, some with small feathers for short trips, some feathers are polka dotted, one even has dyed rooster feathers. Can you pick out that one. I have each of them holding a fairy charm and this group has ballerina type straps around their ankles and sparkly trim around their necks and wrists.

Not sure what will happen with the next group, it’s always a surprize waiting to happen with fairies.

01-05sm06-10sm

I also like to choose the faces of some of them to use on my hang tags, for this group I chose these little cuties.

tagpic01sm

This one I especially liked how she turned out with the unusual colours, so I’ll be making one like her for our tree and then see who else will join her.

tagpic02sm

For the next set of 10, I have to fabrics laid out, and they’ll be so cute, I’m sure. All polka dotty… ;o) See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, did I miss something? Your little fairies are so cute. Do you have a pattern? I do not make to sale, maybe a few at quilt show for our doll club. The faces are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Romona, they will fly out of the shop next Christmas I'm sure. Glad you didn't have to do jury duty, I've never been called myself but I guess it would be interesting to see the legal system at work.

    ReplyDelete