Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A Christmas Angel

Friday, December 19, 2014

A Christmas Angel

I adapted Colleen Babcock’s “Stitch in Time” design for this angel. I can’t give you a link to Colleen, she has left the doll and crafting world and is pursuing other things.You’ll have to do a search on Google, but there are very few patterns out there.

I love how this turned out. She’s not a young angel, I think you’ll find her to be a more mature angel, perhaps she is meant to guide the young ones. The original hair was to have a braided knot at either side of her head, but this dolls hair just kind of evolved and it seemed to want to go this way. 

The body is wrapped with silk fabric strips, the surcoat is also made from silk. Although the pictures don’t show it, both fabrics have leaf patterns on them.

angel01sm

The hair braid is trimmed with Kreinik braid as well, the band around her head is the same Kreinik braid. The wings are taken from a Christmas floral stem, it worked out perfectly. The silver star along with her crystal earrings, gives just enough sparkle. Around her hips and on her shoulders I’ve placed shabby roses, the front of the surcoat is in keeping with the original design.

angel02smangel03smangel04sm

I’m so smitten with this doll, I think I must make a  Christmas angel for myself for next year.

And this is…………my last commission for the year, but I doubt the last creation of some kind or other. To be away from my workroom for too long seems almost criminal.. ;o))

angel05sm

1 comment: