Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Holly and Jake

Friday, November 14, 2014

Holly and Jake

Here are two more of the prim dolls. I’ve decided to hold off on making the last two for now, to see how they are received at the shop. I’ve been working on other projects so there is a good mix of items for the holiday shoppers.

Holly is what you would expect in her traditional colours. Her hat, muff and boots are made with a textured minky fabric. The top and sleeves are from a toque. Her pants (you can’t see them,sorry) but they are made from a mini polka dot print cotton.

The scarf is wool felt, the trim around the hat is fake fur. The little sack is made with cotton and stuffed with a few sprigs of berry branches.

holly1

holly2

This is Jake. The only boy in the crowd so far. His hat is made from a sock, the grey band is another sock. The pompom is a scrap of hairy black fabric. The top is a toque, the sleeves and his pants are a cotton print.

The scarf is the lower part of another toque, his shoes socks and mittens are from socks. He’s ready with his broom. On his hat I stitched on a silver stocking charm and an anchor charm on his scarf. ;o~ If you want to check out the patterns for yourself, they can be found on Patternmart. Cotton Candy Designs. Enjoy.

Back again soon with more projects. I’m a woman possessed I think. I’ve had so many fits and starts this year, it’s a miracle I’ve gotten done what I have….. See you soon.

jake1  jake2

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Romona, what great dolls, I am sure they will sell very well. Hope you are feeling better my friend!

    ReplyDelete