I saw this pattern on Cheswick Company’s Etsy page. At the time Cathy just had it offered as a paper pattern. I contacted her and she graciously agreed to have it converted to an e-pattern. She said it was one of her older patterns that she hadn’t converted, but I thought it was so cute I just had to make it. E-patterns are so handy and I love the instant gratification factor of course. ;o)
I made 3 of them. They are shelf sitters, but I’ve also added a hanger in case somebody would like to hang it instead. I weighted the bottoms with a zinc product. It’s just a small zinc pellet for killing moss. They measure about 1/4” or less. They were left over from another project, but you can use any kind of weights, even sand would work.
If you do use sand or something else gravel like, you might want to consider putting it in a tiny zip lock bag or make a little muslin pouch so it doesn’t come through the seams.
For my ornaments, I used 3 different shades of green for the bodies, 3 shades of orange for the heads and 3 different colours of trims around the neck. I bought a bag of the mini pumpkins (well seed pods actually), last fall so it just worked out by a fluke that I had them to finish these. Here they are, are they not just so cute.