Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Christmas Stockings

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Christmas Stockings

I am working on a fourth stocking and will post that in the next couple of days, but here is what I’ve made so far. A nice change from dolls for a little while. No fingers and body parts to sew turn and stuff. ;o)

This Christmas Elf stocking is a custom order. The fabrics I used for this stocking are metallic printed cotton and are stitched in a patchwork fashion. The band at the top is rabbit (from my stash of many years and gifted to me) and is embellished with a variety of wired and velvet ribbons in about 4 different sizes.

The jingle bells were a little bit tricky to attach, only because the thread kept wanting to wrap around the bells already stitched on. There are 5 different sizes of bells, and the colour is slightly different all the way down, but it works. The stocking is lined with another metallic printed cotton.

elfsm02elfsm01elfsm03

The next two stockings are heading to the tea shop in November. They are both a Cheswick Company design. The first one is called “Honour Christmas in Your Heart”. Both stockings are made with felt. Cathy doesn’t call for lining in her instructions, but I did line them just because I like that look. It just seems more finished. The lining in this one makes the stocking more whimsical and fun.

honourxmassm01honourxmassm02

This stocking design is called “Let it Snow” and given how much I whine and annoy everyone at Christmas that I want a white Christmas, it seemed only natural to choose a pattern with that name. I love the little Gnomes in this design. So cute. The lining is a cotton paisley print. Love it. So that’s it for tonight. Come back again soon and I’ll have the next stocking posted.

letitsnowsm01letitsnowsm02

No comments:

Post a Comment