Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Robin Williams 1951 - 2014

Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams 1951 - 2014

We’ve all lost an amazing man today. A comic who could make you laugh until you cried. A serious actor that could hold you spellbound to the end of every movie he was in. My favourite comedian and actor of all, I am so saddened that he is gone.

From his early beginnings as Mork.  Season 1 Episode 1 Pilot
to his last work, The Crazy Ones, he played a vast array of characters, you wonder how one man could portray so many others.

He came here to the island a few years ago, for the filming of Insomnia, and I remember reading about how much he liked being here and how everyone was so excited to meet him and just know that this amazing man had spent some time in our little part of the world.

I have to laugh because I once bought this crazy greeting card because of the little gnome character and thought was a great inspiration for a doll. When I got home, I realized that it reminded me of him. What do you think???

robin2

Insomnia was at the top of my list of Robin Williams movies, along with Awakenings, Hook and more, but my favourite movie, albeit lesser known than all his others, is, “What Dreams May Come”. A dark movie for sure, but so different from others that he has done. The story is captivating and maybe not so far off his recent past.

What can I say about Robin Williams that millions of others won’t. A man who with his many wacky expressions and humour that was so pure and raw. What’s not to love about this man. True to his craft to entertain, bring laughter through his comedy and a multiple of emotions through all the different roles he played.Who could ever forget Mrs. Doubtfire.

mrs-doubtfire-dancing-o1

What a loss we now have. There will never be another Robin Williams. Some people are just so irreplaceable and he is by far one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment