Friday, May 9, 2014

Blue Lolly

Well, the girls have gone to their new home and will soon be travelling across the border. Blue Lolly was finished last night, with just a little touch up today before leaving for her new digs. My customer was very happy with them and so am I. Here she is. Here costume is basically the same other than a couple of minor differences. I gave Blue Lolly a snood on her head rather than a bonnet, I used that one sock to make her stockings, and she has pretty blue eyes.

lolly01sm lolly02smlolly03smlolly04smlolly05smlolly06sm

In my last post for Jellybean I meant to include a picture of how the felted fabric turned out for the bodices and shoes for both girls, so I’m doing that now.

If you haven’t used an embellisher before, it’s very easy. Do a search on YouTube for video’s to see how they work. When I had finished embellishing all the fibers to the felt, then I went to the sewing machine and using the free motion technique, I overstitched the embellishing to make sure it stayed put.

jellybeanfab lollyfab

I attached the butterfly to her chest and of course Jellybean wasn’t pleased, so I had to give her one as well. And here they are together. They are really cute and I’m very happy to have taken that class with Angela Jarecki, even if there were a few hiccups to start with.The next project is on my worktable and ready to begin but maybe I’ll take a day off and spend some time in the garden.

DSC05550

1 comment:

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

They are both wonderful Romona and I am so impressed that you got them done and on their way in such a short time! I'd still be sewing on the first one LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails