Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Sheep is done!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Sheep is done!

My table mat is finished, and I’m so happy with it. It’s so cute and will look so good on the coffee table. Instead of using the same blue for the backing, I went with black. I quite liked that it gives it that time when the sun is almost down, that moment before it goes black with night. Might have to keep something garden related nearby to set the scene. Coffee table books on gardening, how to sheer sheep… ;o)))

Next I have a couple of options for night time stitching. Some of Cathy’s Christmas Stockings and I also have a few yards of a very thick cotton cording and a ton of batik fabric. The cording is very light weight, just thick, about an inch or a bit better. I’m going to tear strips of batik and wrap the cord with it. Then I’ll roll it into an oval shape and do a running type stitch to hold it together (on both sides) to make a floor mat. 

I’ve done with this smaller cord and have been able to fit it under the presser foot of the sewing machine. I used a zigzag stitch on both sides, and these became hot mats.  This cord is way to thick for this, so hand sewing it together it is.

Stay tuned…

sheepsunflowerssm

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful finish Romona, love the black border! And yes, a book on sheep sheering would be the perfect accompaniment on your coffee table ;O)

    ReplyDelete