Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Fabric Strip Mats

Friday, April 18, 2014

Fabric Strip Mats

I finished a lot of mats last night. I mentioned in my last post that I was trying to decide what to work on next, and I went with this idea. It helped to clear up things from my workroom and now I have some new hot mats, coasters and a floor mat. Another project tipped off my list.

While I was getting everything ready, I decided to also write up a tutorial for making them. They are very fast to do and inexpensive, so if you are stumped for gift giving, this might help. I used batik fabrics for these. My stash of batiks could stand some lightening up, but if you’re like me, they are so addictive. Amazing prints and colours, and it seems that no matter what prints and colours of batiks you put next to each other, they always seem to be harmonious.

A couple of pictures here for you and if you click on “My Tutorials” at the top of the page, you’ll find the link to the Fabric Strip Mat Tutorial there. I hope you will find this useful and as always, send me pictures if you create something from this tutorial. Enjoy.

07fsmsm08fsmsm

2 comments: