Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Winter Woollies

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Winter Woollies

At night when I watch a bit of television, I, like so many others, can’t just sit and watch. I have to be doing something. This is what I’ve been doing. I am making these to go with some Christmas 2014 projects I’m designing. I still have more to make if you can believe it, but it’s very relaxing to work on them at night and they are so quick to knit up.

If you’re a knitter, you might enjoy the tutorial I’ve created to go with this post. It’s called “Winter Woollies” and you can find the pdf on my “Little Wonders” page above my posts. I hope you will enjoy the tutorial for these sets.

woolliesblog

These are the same kind of thing, but you’ll see that I’ve also used some yarns that have a bit of bling to them. Hard to see with some, but the black and red for example, sparkle.

winterwoolliesblog2

This little set, except for the scarf, is from a Tilda book. “Winter Delights”. A cute little book and like all her books, full of simple and sweet projects that work up fairly quickly.  To finish off the set, I will be adding some kind of sparkle to the sweater and hat. In the book, Tilda has used an applique in the center of the sweater. I’m not sure yet what I’ll use, but for sure this has to have some kind of bling.

winterdelights

1 comment:

  1. These look cute Romona.I love the Tilda books too.Have you seen the Scrapbooking-type things that are coming out now.The Adelaide blog of (Paper Flourish) has projects using latest Tilda gear.Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete