Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Mini Books

Friday, October 18, 2013

Mini Books

My last challenge for this year, is this mini book made with one sheet of 12 X 12 scrapbooking paper. I am no paper artist, I don’t have any kind of cutters I hear others talk about. I have some papers and a few things leftover from the Coffee Filter Album I made. Mostly though, I just have trims and things for my dolls, these aren’t especially awe inspiring. ;o))

I made these ones without embellishments, only because I was on a roll and decided to just keep going. They could be used later on when I know what I want to add to them. Two of them are Christmas papers, the other two are everyday papers that would work for pretty much most themes. These books measure 3 1/4 ” X 3 1/4 ”.

Followed these instructions Part 1 and Part 2 to make them.

DSC05046

These two I made from following the directions in this video. These one are super fast and you could whip up tons of them in no time. In the above books, there are pockets inside that open at the top. In these two, the pockets are at the bottom of the pages.

DSC05044DSC05045

This next one I made using the first tutorial above, and I was able to use up some great papers that depict the movie era and jazz. So I did do a little more with this one. I filled the pockets and added a few little bits of charms and fibres.

DSC05035DSC05049

This last one I had so much fun with. I am not a Halloween person at all, but when I was searching for things to use for my mini books, it lead me, as you well know, to things that I did not need, but must have. I found this sheet of digital art and I just couldn’t resist, it brought out the weird factor. I just love this woman’s sense of humour. So this is my Halloween masterpiece…lol  I took pictures of each page.

The Goulie, Family Album.

The cover. The dollar store is so great. I found some soft rubber, tiny skeletons. I twisted the head off one (strangely rewarding), and used same said dollar store earrings to dress the cover, along with a creepy bug, Goth lady and skull.

DSC05050

Where there’s a Raven, there has to be a skull and what’s a skull without attitude, along with the feet from the aforementioned rubber skeleton.

DSC05052

DSC05053DSC05054

Don’t you just wonder about those hands. Kind of like “help help”

DSC05055DSC05056

I call this page, the old generation welcoming in the new…..

DSC05057

They learn quickly don’t they.

DSC05058

And that closes the book on the Goulie Family….until next time.

DSC05051

9 comments:

  1. Love the Mini Albums. Great job on the tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Do you sleep? LOL. All of the books are great but I really love the ghoulie family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like fun to make. I love the Halloween one the best...those hands sticking out are hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mini books Romona! They are fabulous!! Love the Halloween ones! Great job!
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Mini Books and how you have used mixed media to alter the front of them. Your Halloween ghouls are fabulous and I am sure that you had a lot of fund creating them. I will be back to check out your other blog posts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little books. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete