Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Ruby Valentino

Monday, January 7, 2013

Ruby Valentino

I finished my first doll of the New Year last week. She is a Cindee Moyer design. Just in time for the first special day of the New Year, Valentines. I did make a couple of changes to the pattern.

The first thing was to change the hands, I don’t care much for mitten hands, so I re-drew the hand pattern to create individual fingers. I showed the pictures to Cindee and she was okay with that…..

The other change, was to give her something to hold on to. In the original design, her arm is outstretched, but it felt like she needed something, so I made a long stem red rose for her and had the black velvet leaves to finish it off with.

I used the same kind of roses on the back of her head, but black roses. I’m very happy with how she turned out, black and red make such a bold statement.

ruby1miniruby2miniruby3miniruby4miniruby5miniruby6miniruby7miniruby8mini

4 comments: