Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Pretty in Black

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pretty in Black

Where does the time go, goodness me. I was busy finishing the testing on Colleen Babcock’s newest Mystery Doll. I hope you’re all signed up, she is a beauty and the price is more than right. I will be posting the pictures of her on my blog Nov 4th. Actually I made two versions, so you’ll have to check back on Nov 4th for the unveiling as it were.

Since then, I got busy and finished this witch that I started in an online class with Cyndi Mahlstadt last fall. Shame on me, but at least it’s done now and it’s no longer under construction in the Halloween page of my website ( note to self: update the Halloween page).

Without further delay, here she is… All Pretty in Black, purple and orange with a little green thrown in to. The spiders were a bonus part of the class, and boy did they ever make the whole witch thing just right….

Next up will be my Christmas ornaments for this year…stay tuned.

pib07web

pib04web

pib03web

pib08web

pib05web

pib02web

5 comments:

  1. Your Halloween witch is wonderful! Love the black, orange and purple and of course, I always love what you do. I working on mystery doll and C. Moyer's Raven. I may have to be a copy cat and do a red one after first of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your witch doll! She came out beautiful! What is the material of her face? She does look like a lot of work went into her, and I love the way you showed us bit by bit! The spiders are great, too! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ruthanne and Sandi. I wish I could figure how to respond to you individually, but something has changed in blogger and I don't seem to be able to respond like before. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, I don't like people to think I don't appreciate their comments.
    Sandie, the face is done with apoxie scuplt clay, so if it looked like a different kind of fabric, that's why. It's clay as are the spiders heads. Those were so much fun to do and don't they look creepy... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your witch Ramona! So fantastic!
    If you get the comments sent to your email and the person has their email posted at blogger you can reply directly to them. I noticed Blogger has changed too. I spent a bit of time yesterday looking for the page to change the things on the actual page. Fianally found it!

    hugs karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen. I will check around and see what I can find out. Unfortunately, I don't see contacts on people blogs in their profile like I used to, so wonder if they have changed that themselves or is it blogger. Hate change...lol but I'll figure out a work around... ;o)

    ReplyDelete