Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Burgundy

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Burgundy

My tree peony has bloomed and sadly is on it’s last days. I wait all year from this beautiful flower to show it’s glory and this year was no exception.

From the street they catch peoples eye. The blooms are approx. 10” across with this particular variety. Some have blooms that are a foot across. I miss the one I had like that, it used to stop me in my tracks and made people walking by stop and look to. Mother Nature is so amazing.

From a distance…

DSC03705web

Closer…

DSC03706web

And down inside…

DSC03685web

And there are these pretty bleeding hearts.  They spread a lot and fill the whole area with all their pretty burgundy hearts. This isn’t the type of bleeding heart that grows in a shrub, it’s a shorter variety, about 12 – 14” high and nicely fills in around my ferns and hostas.

DSC03667web

One of my other peonies is blooming. I have two types of these cherry colours ones. One is a larger bloom than the other and the plant grows about 3’ high, the other is a shorter growth, about 18” tall,  but the colour is much the same in both.  They make an outstanding bouquet and with only 3 stems. They have a slight fragrance. The next ones to bloom have a stronger perfume. Can’t wait.

DSC03703web

DSC03677web

No comments:

Post a Comment