Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: The Bucket Bag

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Bucket Bag

A few months ago I put together a care package for my friend Maria in Australia. She did a ton of work for me for my website and I wanted an extra way to thank her. Before I go on, do bookmark Maria’s site. I’m waiting for her big reveal as she is rebuilding her site and creating new web templates, it will be worth the wait, her work is truly amazing.

One of things I sent Maria, is a Bucket Bag made from a design by Michelle of Michelle Patterns.  I found Michelle by following links from other blogs and knew right away I would have to try these patterns as they suit my style.

What I found with Michelle’s Patterns and have found the same with others I have since purchased, is the way she has her patterns laid out. Starting from the description of her designs on her site, you know exactly what you are getting. Each pattern has a full description  that includes:

- the finished measurements of the project as well as the measurements for any other sizes of the same project included in the pattern.

- you will be able to review the supply list so you know exactly what you need.

- Michelle also allows you to make and sell the projects you make from her designs, and all you have to do is give her the credit she deserves for creating the patterns you use. That’s more than fair.

This is the bag. I always seem to be a season either behind or ahead when it comes to colours, so of course heading into the Aussie winter season, I chose spring colours… ;o~

I have two images to show you, one from the front and a side view.

P1010004web

What I am especially impressed with, is how Michelle lays out her patterns. You start with a tick sheet of sorts that tells you exactly which pattern pieces to cut from which fabrics and your batting etc. and how many of those. I follow that list, check off as I go and it keeps everything so well organized. I have only made a few bags, ever…so having a pattern that makes it so easy to follow along with was so welcome.

All you have to do is follow the instructions as they are written and before you know it, you have a stack of purse parts and then the final step just brings it all together so easily. The end result is a beautifully crafted bag.

All of Michelle’s patterns are very well priced and are PDF downloads. What could be easier, instant gratification. Stay tuned, I am working on my next bag and it’s almost done. Back in a couple of days.

Click on either image to be directed to the Bucket Bag pattern page.

Click here to visit Michelle Patterns. 

P1010003web

No comments:

Post a Comment