Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Reviving the past

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Reviving the past

I’ve been having the urge to get back to my needlework as it is my first love in my creative journey. I’m not sure where the urge is coming from, but perhaps this year has been so hectic in so many ways, I feel like I need some low key and quiet time. Needlework is so therapeutic, you kind of lose yourself in the stitching. It forces you to concentrate and count stitches and before you know it, you’re oblivious to what’s going on around you. I will still be playing with dolls to, but my needlework is definitely going to play a big role.

I also decided I was tired of UFO’s and some of those are my needlework projects. 2011 is almost out the door and 2012 is waiting to come in and I plan to welcome it in by working on unfinished things more than new ones. One of things that can slow down our creative leanings is to have half finished things laying around and this year is going to be spent fixing that. The first UFO is out and ready to be worked on. If you asked me when I started this, I wouldn’t be able to tell you, it’s really been years tucked away and begging to be finished. Can you guess what it’s going to be????

DSC03055web

….and just for added measure, I’ve signed up on Sharon Boggon’s blog, to take the TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday) challenge for 2012. The general idea is the starting Jan.3rd 2012, and Tuesday’s thereafter, a stitch will be posted and we are to stitch that into whatever form we like, be it a band sampler or fiber book or what have you. Probably just the motivation I’ve been looking for, so thank you Sharon for hosting this. Please follow both links on the sidebar to either the challenge itself for the full information, and to Sharon’s “stitchin fingers” site to see what’s going on there. This is one busy lady in the Needlework realm, very worthwhile spending some time exploring all that’s going on.

Let’s get started on the first UFO shall we…………..

DSC03062web

No comments:

Post a Comment