Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: The Time Keeper

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Time Keeper

I finished this doll on the weekend. It’s from a class with Michelle Munzone. I have taken classes and used her patterns since pretty much day one of my doll making journey. I like Michelle dolls, mostly because she does do the mystical type and in the beginning she won me over with her Jesters.

This doll is watching time. On the inside of the box, I used the celestial face that I found on an Etsy site, where Maggie has tons of collage papers you can buy and download. Here’s Maggies link. In the box along with the clock face, I added a little bottle to represent the sands of time along with some nautical elements charms that symbolize those which the mariners long ago would have used to travel the world, the sun, moon and stars. That was their only way to know what direction they were going. At the bottom of the Celestial face, is a ships wheel charm.

The clock for the front works on a battery. The Time Keeper himself is keeping track of time with his hourglass. I didn’t embellish him as much as Michelle did, but that’s just a personal preference. She was more daring than I for that part. It was a great class and maybe you’ll take a class with Michelle one day to.

Her website here:  Bambole Designs   Her blog here: Art by Michelle

And here is the Time Keeper

tk03web

tk01web

tk02web

tk05web

tk04web

2 comments:

  1. Hi Romona, Thought I would take a visit to your blog, haven't had a chance to for a while.
    Thank you for being part of the Time Keeper workshop, I love having you in my classes and I've said this before, I love your work and as usual you have made a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Romona,
    Thought I'd have a peek at your blog, i saw the great work you've done on Time Keeper, wonderful as usual, as is all your work.
    Thanks for talking about my workshops, I love having you in my classes and doing my patterns, so glad you like my designs....
    Keep up the great work.
    Hugs, Michelle

    ReplyDelete