Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Oriana and Ariel

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Oriana and Ariel

I’m working on my latest doll/dolls. We are having a two colour challenge in our doll club that is due at next months meeting. I chose black and white, although I suppose that it could be argued that they aren’t actually colours, they are usually used to change other '”real” colours to a darker or lighter shade. Rules should never apply in the doll world though, because as we all know, they have the last word.

Last post I showed you some Minky fabric that I used on Ari Briavel’s cape. It’s so beautiful up close and personal when you can touch it and feel just how soft and elegant it feels. At the same time I bought that, I also bought this other Minky fabric, thinking ahead to this challenge. I absolutely adore paisley prints and was quite blown away when I found that Minky was available in black and white and in a paisley print. Could have knocked me over with a feather.

Here is the black.

blackminkyweb

And the white. Sorry the pictures aren’t as clear as I would have liked them to be, but I think you can see enough of the pattern, I hope.

whiteminkyweb

This is Oriana, the older of the two sisters. She is a design by Michelle Munzone.  Website here Blog here. Oriana is practicing her dance moves to impress the audience at her next performance while I busy myself working on her costume. She’s busy instructing me also on what she wants her new costume to look like… She’s going to be fab, not to worry.

Oriana1web

Her younger sister Ariel, is all sixes and sevens just now. She’s hoping to be able to join her sister on stage some day, but first she has to pull herself together. I’m sure she will. Stay tuned for that day to come very soon….

ariel1web

No comments:

Post a Comment