Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Ari Briavel

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ari Briavel

I’m almost finished making a doll that I am swapping with a local pottery artist. Louise makes not only pottery cups, plates, bowls, she also makes these fabulous masks.  Please click here for her website, then click on the picture of the mask. As you scroll down that page, you’ll see a blue one that is marked as “held”. That’s the one I chose as my swap art piece.

I love the idea of swapping art pieces, you both come away with something you really like and no exchange of money, just a lovely new piece of art that you can enjoy..

This is where I was yesterday with the doll and today she has more clothes. The shirt is made from silk. Inside the bottom of the sleeves, are golden snowflakes and glass leaves. The trousers are made from a synthetic fabric I found in the upholstery section of the fabric department, but it feels every bit like leather. 

The base is just a simple piece of wood, but will be covered in fabric and trims. I seem to gravitate to wooden bases a lot, but with the right fabrics and trims, they can look pretty nice.

In the next couple of days or so, I’ll have the finished look to show you, so come back again. The doll design is by Barbara Schoenoff. Another of my favourite designers.

ari02web

ari01web

No comments:

Post a Comment