Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Round Robin and Two Headed Dolls

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Round Robin and Two Headed Dolls

The last round robin doll is leaving here in a couple of weeks. I will be interested to see how mine changed over the course of the last few months… This last doll is Primrose. I gave her necklace which is actually a ring that fits over a wine glass stem. Took a bit of persuasion to get it hooked on, but it’s there. I told Primrose not to swallow. I also gave her a ribbon sash around her waist and to finish up, I crocheted a little shawl and trimmed it with beads. I think she’s all ready to go home and plan her schedule of afternoon teas.

DSC02451web

I also told you in a previous post about these very interesting two headed dolls that we saw at the last doll club meeting. One of the ladies from the club surprized me with pictures of them this morning. So here there are. I’m sure you will find them just as interesting. They are original designs by Florence of Dangerously Crafty. We are lucky enough that she has agreed to give us a workshop to make them ourselves.That should be fun. 

She does very pretty faces and said she will give us some extra instruction on how she creates her look for her dolls. She also has had people order them to suit all kinds of themes. The picture below this one, shows a more goth theme. Sweet. Do the shoes look familiar??? ;o))

2011_0525Abbotsford0032

twoheaded2web

1 comment:

  1. I just purchased a reversible doll in Barbados. No one there seemed to know the history of this doll. Both "ends" are women of color...colorfully dressed in patterned dresses. Does anyone know how these dolls came to be?

    ReplyDelete