Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Round Robin doll #3

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Round Robin doll #3

I’m not sure if others are afraid of hair or don’t  like doing hair or just wanted to do something else, but this is the 3rd round robin doll I’ve worked on that came to me bald. I decided on a headdress with silk tied in knots and added some crystal beads for a bit of sparkle.

Her poor little hands were added by the last person but, as was noted in the book that came with the doll, needed some TLC to fix them. I tried to make gloves with 3 different fabrics, but that didn’t work. Much easier to just make hands into gloves with the fabric to begin with. I thought about what to do and them it came to me. There were extra bits of the fabric in the bag, so I made some ruffles and added a bit of lace and now the hands look more like gloves and any imperfections can be viewed as wrinkles in the gloves.

Poor thing also needed her makeup fixed up. She didn’t even have a nose anymore, I guess from being handled a bit and maybe the face wasn’t sprayed. Don’t know, but she’s better now.

I finished up by giving her a beaded scarf. i used the same fabric as the veil for Stitch in Time. It feels and drapes like silk, but is actually a poly type cloth. Really great find. She’s off to the meeting tonight and lets see who I bring home for round  #4. I hope this one has hair…. ;o~

3rddollweb

No comments:

Post a Comment