Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: King of Clubs

Friday, June 17, 2011

King of Clubs

Have never done Steam Punk before and have only done a microscopic amount of sculpting with clay, and that was just Paper Clay over cloth on doll faces.

I signed up for this class with Nefer Kane on Adele Scortino’s site for the very reasons above. Learn a little about Steam Punk so I can move on from there, learn to sculpt with polymer clay and mostly because i just love love love this pin. 

However, as is the case with most classes, the way things begin is the not way they end. I started out well intentioned to make the Queen of Hearts, but ended up with a King of Clubs. I tried to go female, but my hands created a male, but it’s all good.

I went from what I was there to do, which is this…

and finished up with this.

kingofclubsweb

I know one eye is a bit wonky, but that’s much like his creator and we all have one eye that is smaller than the other…. (and now every one of you will go to the mirror to check, you did didn’t you)…. I had a happy kind of accident with the lips. I used a black colour of a product called Smooch (found at stamping stores) and didn’t like it. To dramatic. So I got some hand sanitizer and washed it off and it left a shade on the lips which is fine because it looks very natural. All in all, I am very happy with this for a first time with polymer clay.  Next…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment