Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Bethany is done!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bethany is done!

So here she is. I tried to hold back on the embellishments, to much can ruin a pretty doll, so I tried to be careful not to do that. Here are the full front and side views.

I made the covered button at the hip area, but resisted the urge to add beads to it.

Her little bag is made with a stretch velvet, trimmed at the top with the same thing that’s on her hipline and adorned with some bits of beading.

bethany4webbethany5web

bethany6web

Around her head, I used some lace pieces cut from a larger piece of lace yardage. There are some pretty pink sequins but they don’t show in the picture. I made the necklace with a black teardrop bead, some soft metal bead embellishments pressed into the sides and glued on, then just added a piece of chain.

The wrap on her head is made with strips of the same fabric tied in knots and patiently glued and pinned around her head. At the end, I stitched on some delica beads, they aren’t immediately obvious, but in real life, they give just a touch of sparkle to her head dress.

When I did her face, I wanted it simple, so that’s what it is. Somehow to me, she didn’t require to much, and I think sometimes we tend to overdo. Simple is just a nice as intense. And that’s it. She’s done and ready to make her debut at the doll club meeting..

bethany7webbethany8web

2 comments:

  1. She is wonderful I love her hat. How clever to make it out of strips of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Romona,
    Love Bethany, you have done such a great job with her, I've enjoyed seeing your blog, haven't been here for a while.
    Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog, hopefully this next doll will be a workshop, I'm going to add some steampunked embellishments, he should be finished soon, still thinking of his name, he was going to be 'Keeper of Time' or 'Time Master' but I'm still not sure.

    ReplyDelete