Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Valentine Pin Doll

Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine Pin Doll

Our doll club is having a Valentine Pin Doll Swap. I used a pattern by Cyndy Sieving called Spiritual Horizon. I had to redraw the shape a little in order to make in more heart shaped. The bead work is a combination of seed beads, pink quartz hearts, square glass beads, and I took apart a pair of earrings that had little hearts on them and repurposed them for this pin doll. I love taking apart old jewellery, you just never know what the effect will be.

For the earrings, I used these nifty little 7 Gypsies drop spirals that I got from Joggles. I just snipped one in half and it worked perfectly. I went to find a link to them on Joggles, but they don’t seem to be there anymore, but that’s what they’re called. Strangely, it is the same look of earrings that Cyndy used in her pin doll, how often does that happen.

Another project done and on to the next one….

01web 02web

2 comments:

  1. Your Valentine Pin Doll is really cute. I must try harder to get my group to do exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruthanne,It's always a fun thing to see what everyone will come up with. Of course you can't get everyone involved, but even if a few do it the first time, others might join in next time....Romona ;o)

    ReplyDelete