Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A little more spring

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A little more spring

I occasionally do some sewing for a friend of mine. It’s very hard for someone in a wheelchair to find clothes never mind having to go and try things on. Some time ago, I took some of her older pieces home and drafted some patterns from them. They are very simple garments, but it’s what’s comfortable for her to wear.

I got the fabric last year when a shop was closing and thought this was a good time to get some spring sewing done for her. A friend of the shop owner brought in some fabrics that she herself was wanting to sell from her own business, so I got a great deal on everything. I found a fantastic piece for myself that will be ideal for summer and I bought what was left, 7 meters. I better make a few things from that amount… ;o)

For my friend, I made two skirts and two tops. I also had some other fabric that would be good for camisoles or lined it would make a nice little sweater with a hood, something light. It’s a light airy knit fabric so I made an extra little camisole type top that she can wear with a sweater or to bed. Either way, it’s very soft and cuddly, so here’s hoping it works out for her. She’s all set now for when the weather chooses to warm up enough to wear them.

gwenskirtsweb

gwentopsweb

No comments:

Post a Comment