Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A tote

Monday, January 31, 2011

A tote

This should have flown to Oz in December for a Christmas swap, but thankfully my partner is in the US on a three month trip. Whew, she bought me some time. She already knows,I confessed. At the moment she’s either at the Grand Canyon or their heading back home and planning their next destination.

This is what I made for her. The tote is simply cut as a rectangle to the size you want. Many free patterns online for these kinds of totes and others.  I had made this little heart ornament last year along with many others for Valentines day. I kept a couple, I just knew somehow, instinctively that it would be needed. I had more of the upholstery fabric and it grew into a tote bag to match the heart. The lining was also from the drapery section of the fabric department and just fit so perfectly. The colour is a bit off in the picture, it’s more of an olive green to match the straps.

Flowers are made from a pattern I got from Snazzie Drawers. Just follow the link on the right side of the page, to her Snazzie Drawers Boutique patterns. These flowers are from her Juliette pattern. Of course there is nothing like the the original, but I’m quite happy with the first time out of the gate making them.

01web02web03web04web

No comments:

Post a Comment