Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Elder Elf

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Elder Elf

Our doll club is having our Christmas dinner and exchange tonight. I finished this little guy last night. I was procrastinating a bit I think because I’ve been so busy over the last few weeks getting things ready for the shop I sell in, that I kind of slacked off a bit and then went into panic mode.

This is a class I did with Peggy Wilson earlier this year, one of our Canadian designers. I can see these done in so many different ways, from young uncontrollable elves, to these little senior ones who are doing their best to pass on the ways and traditions to the younger ones.

The shoes I didn’t do as per the pattern because I just simply didn’t have the time to spend on making them as cute as Peggy’s, so this little man will have to settle for sensible shoes. They are supposed to have this wonderful curl on the toes…but… I also added just a tiny touch of gel to his moustache and beard to keep them in shape, he is stylish after all.

I also wanted to make a staff for him, but again, that didn’t happen. So, I directed his look towards a more woodland type of Elder Elf by giving him a little mushroom bird and tiny tree to take care of. The person who is receiving him, wanted green/brown tones so I think this works. He has brown velvet pants, a brown printed shirt and the rest as you see is green. Here he is and I’m off to wrap him up…

EEbackwebEEfeetwebEEfrontwebEEcloseupweb

No comments:

Post a Comment