Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Haste Makes Waste….

Monday, October 4, 2010

Haste Makes Waste….

Have you ever done something so stupid that if you had just simply STOPPED, taken a breath and then continued but more slowly, things would have been so different.?  Yeah, that was me yesterday. We were going out for dinner last night and in keeping with the promise I kept to myself, I was working on some new clothes. Very simple pants and top.

I was busy screaming along at Star Trek warp speed 10 finishing off the seam edges, when it happened. I see this happen on Project Runway and wonder how they could do that. Now I know…. Thankfully hubby was home and could fix things for me.

See this needle, and see the broken part. That measures between 1/4th – 3/8ths of an inch. That’s the piece I slammed into my finger. Holy Moley and would you believe it didn’t even hurt and still doesn’t hurt this morning. Hubby had to use some really fine tweezers and was able to eventually get one part of the tweezers under one side and grab the piece and slide out as well as a piece of thread …

If you look at the small hole at the tip of my finger, that’s where the needle went in. I have no idea how the other happened, perhaps the broken part of the needle that also bent, must have banged into my finger and cut the skin. Stupid stupid stupid….Don’t do what I do, it’s not fun and so avoidable.

But on the lighter side, I did get the outfit finished but at a much reduced rate of speed….

DSC01338

DSC01339

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear I wonder how you didn't jump sky high and scream lol! Hope it is mending now.

    ReplyDelete