Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Arley Berryhill Workshops

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Arley Berryhill Workshops

Well, Arley has come and gone but what a great four days we had with him. As with all good teachers, he gave us great instruction, paid attention to everyone and shared his tips and tricks.

One thing I really appreciated, was that at the very beginning of the first day, he made it known, that when he’s teaching, nobody talks but him. That was perfect. There’s nothing worse than when you’re trying to hear what the teacher is saying and people around you are talking, then of course because they weren’t paying attention, now they want you to fill in the gaps….NOT!!  I just refer them to the teacher, I’m not going to be blamed for the wrong information…I figured out a long time ago not to give anyone help like that, ask the teacher, that’s what they’re there to do.

So getting back to the workshops. Of course it’s never possible to finish your dolls completely, at least not if you want to make them the best you can. These are pictures of where I’m at with them, but for now they have to go on hold for a while. I have several things to finish for Christmas sales and personal items for gifts, so I need to do those. Then back to these ladies.

Here’s the mermaid to date. I’m heading down to the waterfront sometime this week to find a nice piece of driftwood to display her. I have a ton of beadwork and embellishing still to do on her, but I’m happy with how far I got with her.

Romona5web

And here is my Candlestick Diva so far. I was quite impressed with how I managed to work out the faces on both of them. Of course, not the fine detail that Arley seems to manage, but I’m not unhappy at all with what I’ve done.. As with the Mermaid, still some things to do. but when they are done, I will post the finished results.

Romona1web

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Romona these faces are awesome! The whole of the dolls are awesome but the faces are particularly cool! I love that you made the mermaids face green too. I've never done that but it looks just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete