Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Marie and Louis

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Marie and Louis

Marie and Louis was privileged to be the center attraction of the first table as you came into the Gallery show. They looked so wonderful. I haven’t been out to the gallery to see how things are going, but tomorrow is the final day and we’ll all be there to claim our prized possessions.

Marie ended up with big hair, but I didn’t go to crazy with it. I had wanted to make little individual swirls on her hair, but time was not on my side. I did however add paper roses and cabochons and that  to me looked fine and in balance with the rest of her look. She also has her mask on and is ready to step onto the ballroom floor with her King Louis.

M9web

King Louis turned out so well. I hated to part with him as well, but if they haven’t sold, they’ll be coming home tomorrow. I had so much fun working on him because there aren’t nearly the number of patterns for male dolls as there are for females, so it was a nice change of pace. I just gave him a simple ponytail but I did add some ringlets to the side of his face. The jacket is made from a faux ultra suede and to me, it just looks so elegant. Two of the cotton fabrics have the musical notes pattern in keeping with Marie’s love for music.

KL2web KL3web

Both dolls are fixed to wooden plaques, covered with wool felt and simply adorned with either paper roses and/or trims to match their costumes…..

MB10web KL4web

No comments:

Post a Comment