Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Snake Charmer Second Look

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Snake Charmer Second Look

Here are a few more images of where I’m at with my Snake Charmer. The more I do, the more I want to keep him. His is so intense and just draws you to him… I guess that’s what they do to Cobra’s, hypnotize them so they can’t look away. I think he’s going to be finished today. I have his shoes drying, I have a pillow to make for him to sit on, a satchel for his money, the snakes of course and some adornments to complete his look.

At the waist, I attached some trim I once got from Joggles and a thrift store earring that seemed ideal because it suits the shirt so well. There is a trim on the legs that I doubled to get a better width and the tassels are made from a length of fringe, just cut to size and rolled into shape and thrift store buttons for the top.

snakecharmer5web

The flute is made with a chopstick, covered in silk, and wrapped with beaded wire. The end is a metal holder that you would use on the strings of a jacket to keep them from disappearing into the hem, then I wrapped it with some gold soutache for extra strength.  Poor thing, I had to poke a hole in his mouth and shove the pointy end of the flute in there with glue, but it’s solidly placed.

snakecharmer3web

I wrapped his turban according to a video I found on Google. The gentleman demonstrating said it’s one of the easier wraps, and that was fine with me. The adornment is a metal button and yet another thrift store earring for him to wear.

snakecharmer4web

This is how he is looking for now. In the next day or two I’ll have more pictures to share….

snakecharmer6web

1 comment:

  1. I bet he could charm the ladies as well. He is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete