Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Ebony and Ivory with a splash of red

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ebony and Ivory with a splash of red

Have you been waiting to see the Jester finished, well wait no more. The one thing I did have to adapt was the head pattern piece. I tried it twice as it is, and it still wouldn’t work. I kept ending up with the nose pointing skyward and the neck opening would have had to be at the top and that still wouldn’t make the face look right. I’m going to write to the designer and see if it’s something I did wrong. However all is well. I just made a slight adjustment to the pattern and made it work.

This happy couple are meant to hang on the wall. I used mostly black and white materials, expect for a bit of silver around the neck for a ruffle, donated by my friend, thanks Andrea, and one point of each hat is red. I was once to told that if you include some red in artwork, it draws people to it. As far as I’m concerned, dolls qualify as artwork.

The only other colours come from the embellishments, including these cute little metal red roses that I got from ARTchix. They are the perfect little touches to any project be it paper, doll or any other form of creativity. I used them on the back of the Marotte’s head and again on the cuffs of the Jester.

The shoe trims are stacks of buttons with a red cabochon for contrast. Because the Marotte doesn’t have a body, I used the same button stack and red cabochon on his head to tie the two looks together. They each have buttons on the neck and the Jester has one on his tummy. Buttons are a great way to embellish and there are so many ways to use them. Ever tried painting buttons to match your project, a tip from a friend. Thanks Cathy..

The other trims are metallic trims I have in my stash. The black and white polka dot ruffle at their necks, were made with a scarf donated by a friend. Thanks Gwen. ;o))))  Don’t you love friends who don’t make dolls but think of you with all their little treasures and ideas.

And here they are. First the Marotte front and back.

ebi6 ebi7

The Jester in all his glory with his pal.

ebi1

ebi4 ebi8

And with thanks to Paul McCartney for his wonderful song writing.

Ebony And Ivory live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard oh lord why don’t we?
We all know that people are the same where ever you go
There is good and bad in everyone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

ebi9

1 comment: