Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Dress Form is done

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dress Form is done

Well, I said I would show this soon. I didn’t mean quite this long since my last post. I’m finished the first dress form though and I think it turned out quite well. I think I’m over dosed on Project Runway, I keep running over in my mind the terms they use when they’re creating their designs and all I kept thinking was, “If I drape this and that, and take it in here and there”. It was fun.

I didn’t use a premade pattern for the garment, I just “draped” the fabric on and cut the pieces to fit as I went. The bodice is lined with a yellow floral which is part of the family of fabrics for the whole look. The only fabric that is separate is the faux under blouse. I actually only made a front piece for the bodice, then a second piece that I pleated and fit over the first one, then stitched on the buttons which are just little pearl beads.

The ruffles are made from organza and grosgrain ribbon that I gathered and fitted onto the bodice as I went along. The flowers are so sweet. The blue roses are ribbon roses, the yellow ones are paper roses that I got from Joggles. I think they were just perfect for this project. I am finishing off another project that I will show you in a bit.

 dressform1fweb dressform1g dressform1hweb

No comments:

Post a Comment