Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: The Mad Hatter

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Mad Hatter

My Mad Hatter is done. Julie McCullough has such a fun imagination. He was a joy to make and so bright and colourful. I did a couple of things differently on him. 

First I changed his shoes. These are the original shoes in the pattern, but for the doll club challenge we had to make some kind of runners for our doll. They are going to be displayed at the Victoria Quilt Show next month, so it had to be either runners that the doll is wearing, or perhaps a table runner the doll is holding…just something that is runners. I did that with his shoes, the only thing I changed was to add grommets to his shoes and thread laces through.

mhshoes

We also had to use the challenge fabric, not all of it, but some of it and it had to be visible. I used it on the hem of his pants and the handle on his tea cup hat. We also had to have two stars on the doll, again they have to be visible. The theme of the Quilt Show is “ Quilting With the Stars”. I added stars to his lapels and cuffs. I gave him a cup of tea to enjoy while he’s at the show and hopefully he won’t spill it all over the place like he did in the movie….Stomping all over the table just won’t work at the Quilt Show.

mhmiddle

Now the hair. Julie has done fabric tubes for hair, and although they are so darn cute the way she did them, after seeing the new Alice In Wonderland movie with Johnny Depp, (Trailer Here) I just had to give my Hatter the same kind of hair.

Luckily I have some Tibetan Lamb Hair that is bright yellow/orange, just perfect. I also did one other change. Instead of doing the small eyes that are Julie’s trademark, I used larger ones and glass. They just seemed more in keeping with the doll.

mhtop

He’s all together and looking like mischief is afoot. Gwen, I gave him the bow tie you suggested, doesn’t it look good. ;o))

mhfront

mhside1

1 comment:

  1. Oh my he is absolutely wonderful. Love everything about him.

    ReplyDelete