Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: The Garden Fairy

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Garden Fairy

As I mentioned a while ago, Cyndi Mahlstadt was here to do two workshops for our doll club. This is the doll we did on the Saturday/Sunday. It's her Garden Fairy. It's a cloth head, wire armature body. She's a little bit of a bug, so cute, but also the cloth I used to cover her body is a perfect Christmas colour of stretch velour, so she's a Christmas Bug.  She's all ready to pucker up with her pretty glossy lips and has picked out the first two ornaments to go on the tree. She's a little impatient..

I messed up her first face by trying to jump ahead, but Cyndi bailed me out. I used poinsettia leaves and feathers for her wings/flower. I've had them since last year, and after I took Cyndi to Michael's she spotted the same things and made a sample pair of wings to show everyone what you can use for wings instead of the Angelina ones she demonstrated.  I decided I would do that as well since I had the things I needed. I've actually made it look more like a pretty flower instead of wings.  Her name is Chrissie (how original for Christmas huh  ;o~) I hope you like her.

chrissie1

chrissie2

chrissie3

chrissie4

No comments:

Post a Comment