Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: More stages of Henrietta

Monday, September 7, 2009

More stages of Henrietta

As promised here are some more steps to Henrietta. And of course, now I'm further along than these pictures, but tomorrow is another day.

Here is how she looks with her vest, what's hidden under her poof, her sleeves and trims. and because everyone always look, what's under her skirt... It's the nosey side of us that demands to know..

The vest is an oriental brocade and is also found in one of the sleeve treatments. The large poof at the top of the right arm is the same as the lining on the swags for the skirt. The pretty beaded piece under the vest is one I got from Leta Benedict when she taught here in March. The ivory beaded trim and the dark metallic one (hard to see, but look at the top of the left arm) is from my favourite eBay seller. Leslie of Embellish the Thought, has the best trims and is a total treasure to buy from.  Check her out here. Now on to Henrietta.

I haven't stitched her head down yet, because I want to make sure the position is right first. I tend to want them star gazing, so I have to learn not to be so anxious for the head to be sewn at the beginning.

week5_1

week5_2

week5_3

week5_4

No comments:

Post a Comment