Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Workroom Redo 2

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Workroom Redo 2

So after an agonizing 3 weeks or so, of painting papering sorting tossing and organizing, I'm at a place that feels so much better. Hubby just watched because he probably knew it was better to do that, than try and have two of us working in cramped quarters.. lol...Creeping around the next wall is the new wallpaper. It looks so much better. I know it's hard to see in this picture, but it shows the new paper, and the prep work for the rest of the wall as I went along.

wall5

This picture shows the last wall, which is the feature wall and partially put back together. The lace curtain will go eventually and be replaced with a Roman Blind. It will pull up from the bottom. The reason I wanted this, is because when the time changes and it gets dark earlier, I can pull the blind up from the bottom to where I can give myself some privacy when I'm working at my table. Even though I'm on the second floor it still will make me feel better to not feel like I'm being watched. I've been wanting a way to have the night sky showing, but allow me to continue to work without feeling like people walking by are looking up at what I'm doing ;0~ 

wall8

On the weekend I finished the heaviest part of this redo. But, after climbing under my table back and forth, I've now got an aching back and sciatica. So sore..... But, I press on. I used to teach painting classes in my home, and so, the company had sent me tons and tons of paints and more. The majority of the supplies have gone and donated, but the paint remained. So I dumped all the bottles in the middle of room and pulled out one of each colour. Then I got my hat box, picked out the colour's I wanted to keep and whatever didn't fit in that box, GONE..... I now have bags of paints that will be taken over the elementary school nearby when it opens next month.

Here is how the two different painted wall colour's look together so you can kind of get an idea of how it all looks together. The picture is one that I stitched many many years ago. It's called Bunka embroidery. Now that the wall is dove grey, I've moved the picture to that wall since the birds blend in. As I get more organized and tidied up again with so much LESS STUFF, I'll take more pictures....

wall9

No comments:

Post a Comment