Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Tools of the Trade

Monday, August 24, 2009

Tools of the Trade

So I've pressed on and been making my work room nice and orderly. It's looking and feeling so good. I've been putting my "tools of the trade" out and one is now on the wall that  has been sitting worthless and unused in the sunroom. I got this originally from IKEA and that was because Linda Lock had a free painting pattern to go with it.  It's the perfect thing for keeping my Woolly Threads, and my doll sculpting threads in and of course those elusive tape measures.

woolythreadholder

You've seen this little thread holder before, but now it's on a nice newly painted wall, can't stop looking at it... ;o~ The wall I mean.

smallthreadracks

This is my big spool rack. Have had this for years. It was originally made by the prisoners at one of the local jails, but I found it at a sewing store. What you don't see is the stem of the rack, but it's like a big Christmas tree. It holds all my serger threads.

largethreadrack

My rulers are all front and center now. They had been pushed back and stuff put in front, but not now. They are exactly where I can reach them and see them without lifting the whole board out to find what I want. I love this board, I first saw it at Fabric Traders and it's just the best thing for all those quilting and other rulers that accumulate.

rulerboard

I picked up baskets from Michael's and a store here in Sidney and have put them into the cubby holes of the new wall unit. There aer small pails from the hardware store inside for each item, like the scissors. Now all those little bits of things have a place to live.

scissors

needles 

I showed this wood piece ages ago, but I've changed what I'm keeping in it. I have a stash of black and white fabrics and decided that since I like them so much, I should keep them out so I know what I have and just because I like to see them. And that's if for today.

blackwhite

No comments:

Post a Comment