Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Carnival Doll

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Carnival Doll

For those of you who get Adele's Scortino's newsletter, you would know that she had a Carnival challenge recently. The entries were in the last newsletter. Unfortunately, my last name was left off in the newsletter which was disappointing, but maybe I'll be known as that dollmaker, Romona instead of the two part name. ;0~ Others have come a long way with one name....

Anyway, for those who didn't see the newsletter and my entry, here she is. If you go to Adele's site you can enter your email address and then be able to download her newsletters each time and pick up the back issues. Go here for that. Here is my entry. I've included lots of photo's. I always appreciate that on other sites as I would probably never see those dolls up close and personal...You should be able to click each one for a closer look. She stands approx. 26" tall. A big girl, and I have her near my front door to greet company.

romonaentryweb romonaentry2web

If you read the newsletter, you will get a better idea of what I had to do to create the face. It has many layers to it but finally it got done. Do you like the paper roses? Those are from Michael's in the wedding section. Just the perfect thing for Carnival embellishments.

carnivaleheadwebcarnivalewhitefuschiatrimweb

The hairy fuschia fabric was sent to me by a friend in Australia ages ago (thanks E). I didn't know at the time what I would use it for, but the inspiration came, it's just a matter of waiting for the right project.

carnivalebodiceweb carnivalepurpletrimweb

The shoes were done by cutting and gluing the gold trim around her feet to create the illusion of actual shoes. It is the same gold trim as what is on her waist area.

carnivalefeetweb

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Romona:

    She's absolutely beautiful. I LOVE her face and costume. What an amazing creation. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete