Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Night and Day

Monday, July 27, 2009

Night and Day

On Saturday night I could hear some rumbling and ask DH if he heard that. We only get thunder and lightning maybe two or three times a year and it only lasts a short time. It's a big event for me because I have total respect for Mother Nature and what she does, so I watch, listen and photograph what I can. I looked out as the sky was getting darker and the sky was an ever changing canvas, so I just had to grab my camera and capture it.

Along with the thunder of course came the lightning strikes, not many but so brilliant and then the rain threw itself down to the ground. The thunder and lightning only lasted as it does here, maybe a little over an hour, the showers continued off and on through the night.

What my camera did with the dimming sky I could never have done if I had tried forever. The sky was not the depth of colour these pictures show, but I'm not complaining. It's what my camera saw and captured. I also have always watched for faces in clouds. In the first picture there is a definite face and less so in the others, but the first one for sure. By morning, the sky was back to normal and quiet as quiet could be.  I've sent a friend whose an oil painter the original of the third picture to work her magic on canvas with it....and I bet she will.

July25Aweb

July25Bweb

July25Cweb

July26Dweb

No comments:

Post a Comment