Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Harold Without Maude

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Harold Without Maude

I went out at 7 this morning to water the garden before the heat of the day started, and I found this little guy wandering ever so painfully slowly across the yard. I right away flashed the name Harold through my head, and so he is Harold.  No Maude in sight, perhaps he was on his way to her ???  I found this description on Wikipedia, it's my silly sense of humour I suppose, but I felt perhaps this Harold was making a run for it....away from mother dearest and her preset life plans for him...

"Harold and Maude is a 1971 cult classic film directed by Hal Ashby. The film, featuring slapstick, dark humor, and existentialist drama, revolves around the exploits of a morbid young man – Harold (played by Bud Cort) – who drifts away from the life that his detached mother prescribes for him, as he develops a relationship with septuagenarian Maude (played by Ruth Gordon)."

I felt Harold might meet his demise with a lawnmower or heavy foot, as he wandered aimlessly across the lawn so I moved him to a safer location. Most people I suppose would have had a moment of silence and finished him off, but I couldn't do it....so he will live in my flower pot and disappear in the night to some other dark mysterious place. Good luck Harold !!!

If you click on the pictures you will get much more detail especially the first picture.

harold1b

harold2b

No comments:

Post a Comment