Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Synchronicity

Monday, June 1, 2009

Synchronicity

I believe in synchronicity.  I believe it because it's such a neat thing when it happens. It's 27 Celsius degrees (or 80.6 Fahrenheit)  and it's just on 7:30 pm. I have the window open in this room and in our bedroom across the hall. I was sitting at the sewing machine working on a robe. It's minky fabric and if you haven't felt that fabric before think of the softest possible fabric there is and it's softer than that.. Okay, so where's the synchronicity... The fabric is lilac coloured....

lilacrobeb

so still no big deal right... but down in the garden I have a perfect sized lilac bush. It's variety is Ms. Kim and suited to fit into small garden spaces. The fragrance from this little bush is stronger than that of it's big sister without a doubt. A piece of heaven.  The bush is covered and I mean covered in blooms this year. There is a lovely breeze blowing through the window and guess what........while I'm sewing, it's carrying the fragrance of lilacs right up here to the second floor... A cool breeze loaded with that heavenly fragrance and working on a robe that is of the same colour....Just seemed a bit like synchronicity to me...

Oh, and a little tip about working with minky....when you cut out a project, do that outside. Mine is lilac coloured and so was I. My back steps and the lawn are covered in purple snow and stuck to the bannister, so a word of warning....

lilacs2a

lilacs1b

1 comment:

  1. Your lilac bush is gorgeous, Ro! I'm sure all the moulting when you cut it will probably be worth it as you will feel so luxurious when you're wearing the robe. I usually do the messy stuff outside too otherwise there would be bits of fibres/fluff floating around the house for weeks because you can never quite get it all in the clean up. lol

    ReplyDelete