Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Holy Cow !!!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Holy Cow !!!

A month since I've posted, that's crazy. Well that's also because "it's the flurry of activity" that is my life. Also sorting out allergies and the effects of those does not make for a happy camper. Am slowly making headway on both counts.  A few things I've been doing now.

Since joining  our local doll club, things have changed to high gear with my projects.  First thing I did was redesign the website for the doll club. I was asked by Lynda who had been doing it for the last 4 years if I would take it on, so I said sure. That was a labour of love for sure, I mean that sincerely....it was fun. There are still some things to be tweaked as I go along, but the site is done and up. Have a look when you have a chance. Cloth-A-Dollics.

Along with finishing my "Secret" doll and I'm setting up a webpage for my her. I'll have that ready shortly.I've also made my Carnival doll for Adele Sciortino's challenge.  I'm not allowed to show my Carnival doll as Adele requested they be kept secret until her newsletter comes out in the summer, but as soon as she has sent that out, I will post my doll here.

Other doings. At the last two doll club meetings, we had a chance to learn how to make doll shoes with leather bottoms. Now I just have to make a doll to fit these darlings...They are 3" long.

dollshoes

Another project is this little Unicorn Ornament. It's a new design by Sue Barmore of Frowning Francis. If you don't know her designs, do stop by. She has some great patterns of so many different themes. It boggles the mind how she comes out with so many different ideas, quick and easy to do and full of charm.

unicornornament

And last for today, is this grocery bag I painted for my next partner in the swap. This is the second of 5 swaps for the year. I hope she doesn't check out my blog because she'll know who it's for. The original design is by June Varey. The original design goes around an oval mirror and there is another maiden at the bottom with her hands raising upward with of course the mirror in the center. I will be painting that half on another bag and I'll post that when it's done. That's it, enjoy.

ro2b

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering when you were going to re-surface on your blog, Ro. :)

    You certainly have been busy. Those shoes are darling!! I LOVE the shopping bag design...you did a great job on it.

    The Unicorn is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly, ever so slowly I am making my way through my list of "to do's"...but it's not so daunting now...lol

    ReplyDelete