Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: The Secret

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Secret

How do I get so busy. Someone cursed me when I quit my job last June and said I would be busier than ever...and so it is. Since my last post I've been busy in the garden redoing, pulling stuff, whacking off unruly things and replanting. I also tackled a job that both of us have been trying to ignore and avoid for years. A simple job but one that is a pain in the butt. I decided yesterday, that "today is the day" and I got to it. I dug and dug and moaned and groaned and the result is...??  I filled 5 buckets of rocks from an area that is no more than 4' X 3'. Each of these buckets is the same kind that they have at the ice cream shops, about 2' tall and no, before you think, "good god, did she eat all that ice cream", no we didn't. I bought the containers for $.50 each.... ;0-)  I couldn't believe it, they just kept coming. I should have maybe stopped digging, but no I kept going. The end result was this area is now weed and grass free, no more rocks and another "project" is checked off my list.

In between all my yard work, I've been busy working away on my Leta Benedict doll. We're supposed to bring our finished dolls to the doll club meeting next month, so I better hop to it.  Here are some pictures of where I'm at. The top, the sleeve features, the head and shoulders and a front view.. Enjoy.

arm1b

bodice1b

frontfull1b

head1A

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, Ro....there is ALWAYS something around the house or in the studio that needs doing. You've been very busy but don't forget to allow yourself some time to just relax and do nothing because you deserve it.

    WOW!!! She's looking beautiful, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romona,
    The costume on this doll is so rich. The textures, colours and details make it a real stunner. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get your doll finished on time, Ro?

    Btw, I love your blog background and header!

    ReplyDelete