Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Samurai First Stages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Samurai First Stages

My poor blog, I've so neglected it. I think it's just been one of those weeks where I've been wandering around aimlessly, getting nothing much done. Ever have those times...?? Anyway, this is a new week and I must get some things done and on to their new destinations. This is as far as I've gotten on my Samurai.

I really love this pattern for the body of the male doll. I didn't make the belly button or use the chest template because his outfit will completely cover him anyway, so why make extra work for myself. This pattern is from Dollmakers Journey, "A Dude for all Seasons". Just scroll down this page to find it. MALE PATTERNS. There are a number of patterns for male dolls out there, I just happen to have used this one because the costume for the Samurai by Edwina Sutherland, is made to compliment this particular pattern.

So here's where I'm at. Nothing terribly exciting yet, but soon I'll have him dressed and then he's off to join his Geisha at the tea shop. Janet gave the Geisha a name, she's calling her "Ping"and I thought that was a really good choice, it made me think of gentle and delicate feelings, so maybe it means that....

2 comments:

  1. I shall be following his progress closely. I am trying to make a male doll too but not sure if he will look male enough lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shashi, We shall explore this male together. One noteable thing, the nose definately needs to be bigger than the female....stay tuned... ;o))

    ReplyDelete