Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Crazy Quilt Block 2

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Crazy Quilt Block 2

I made up a second block for my class. I wanted to be able to go back and forth and experiment with more colours and stitches as I went along. In my post to the class I mentioned that when I was learning to paint, we always called the first stages of our projects, the "uglies", until we added all the shading, highlights and details that made the finished piece what we could actually call art.

With my blocks I've decided a good name for them is the "ugly ducklings". They are at this stage just fabrics brought together to form a block and not much else. When they get to the end, they will be like "beautiful swans" with all the embellishments that they'll be wearing.

If you saw the first block, that picture was terrible, so I've redone it and it's much more appealing now if I do say so, so if you're in the mood, scroll down a little bit to see an improved picture of the first block.... Not sure if I've got the colour thing down just right, but I like it and that's all that matters.... ;o))) Here is my second block using a different colour combination....

4 comments:

  1. it looks pretty good to me even though you say it's at the ugly duckling stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;o))) Well you know what painting first stages are like....so I had to come up with a name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color combination. And it certainly doesn't look ugly to me!

    ReplyDelete