Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: My first project for the year

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My first project for the year

I took a class at the local fabric store yesterday. I bought a couple of little kits last year and it was one of those "best of intention" moments where I was going to create a masterpiece in my spare time... ummm, didn't quite get there.

Andrea had this class listed and I knew that was my opportunity to finally put this little kit to good use. I have more strips to do another runner, but at least I'm this far... She is calling this her Braided Runner. The class was to learn to do paper piecing which I've done a little of, but a refresher is always a good thing to have. Here it is...the first project for 2009.

braidedrunner1b

I used one of the traded fabrics for the border. The one I brought wasn't going to work out. The dark border is what I already had and the braided part is done from the kit. Here's another picture with it on my coffee table and my Masi Warrior and his lady love in the center. I bought that piece of artwork on Saltspring Island. I just love it, it has such a lot of good energy around it. My eye is drawn to it whenever I'm in the room.

braidedrunner2b

I'm almost finished another project. I have the binding to add then it has to be washed and dried to make it complete. I'll explain why later.. !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your table runner,you are very talented.And I also love your statue it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete