Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: All Things Santa

Monday, November 17, 2008

All Things Santa

Do you ever find yourself following the same theme but in different formats ??? I am drawn to all things Christmas and especially Santa's,  those that are done in a classic way and with lots of detail. I am not so much the Coca Cola Santa lover. I love the ones that depict a vintage style of Santa, European types and there are so many of those. Each country has such interesting versions of their Santa and the traditions are just as varied. 

A few years ago I painted this plate for Christmas. I was on a roll for a while where I wanted to paint a plate each year. I think I did 3 of them, but I do hope to be able to actually pick up my paint brushes again sometime soon. This is one that was based on a Christmas card, the artist is Lyn Bywaters. She has done some amazing designs for Christmas cards, so do check your local card shops, if not to buy cards for mailing, but maybe like me, you'll end up collecting them. I have a big bag of cards just for the inspirations they provide. So here's what I mean about themes. First is the plate, then follows a card entitled Arctic Santa designed by Liz Goodrick-Dillion, then comes the quilting panel I found in a fabric store a couple of weeks ago, and it was the last one, so I think it was meant for me... Do you see the theme??? lol

Another time I'll post the other Santa plates I've done.

santaplate

 santacard

santapanel

2 comments: