Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Birthdays are fun!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Birthdays are fun!

Today being my birthday, I am enjoying just playing. I finished my class doll last night and now I can get my next contest doll made and sent away to do her best. Yesterday my friend and I went over to Saltspring Is. and just poked around in some shops, went to the Saturday market and had a nice lunch. I intended to get to one particular place because their website said it was open to the public and the times. Should have phoned, as the recording on the phone and the website details aren't the same...Darn it all anyway... We also missed going to the bead shop at the ferry terminal, because the 2pm ferry was late leaving, so we were motioned to get on board at 2:30. We thought we would have another hour to poke around in the little shops at the terminal, but that didn't go so well either....Another darn....
While at the market though, I picked up this great hat. It's from Kakadu, Australia. So if I ever get to Oz, I will at least look the part if I don't sound it. ;o)


Today hubby had to be away on business but before he left he came into the bedroom to wake me up with flowers and a happy birthday. Watching him manoveur a vase full of flowers and water was really fun, I knew he'd make it but I still kept my fingers crossed... So it's a quiet day today, but I'm busy and making more doll parts, and that's always a good thing to be busy with.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday dear Ro...
    Happy Birthday to you!

    Now, you will have to imagine me singing that in my best singing voice....on second thoughts, DON'T! You certainly wouldn't want that sort of torture on your birthday. lol

    The Aussie hat looks ocker to me, Ro! How nice of Deighton to spoil you with flowers and beautiful they are too.

    Have a wonderful day, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Serena, You have a lovely voice...oh wait. That's me singing your words...lol.... Ro

    ReplyDelete